Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chocolate Truffles

I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website. One lady commented about the recipe, "You may be tempted to save this recipe for a special occasion since these smooth, creamy chocolates are divine. But with just a few ingredients, they are easy to make anytime."

Well, I have a special occasion - I'm hosting a Bridal Shower for my co-worker. So, this is my excuse to make chocolate-coated chocolate dessert! :)

Ingredients: 3 cups (18 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (сгущенка), 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.

Directions: In microwave-safe bowl melt chocolate chips and milk. I mixed them together and melted in MW for 2 minutes. Perfect!

Stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla.

Chill for 2 hours or until mixture is easy to handle. I chilled it for just 1 hour and it was still a little warm, but really easy to work with.

Prepare different coatings: chopped flaked coconut, chocolate sprinkles, colored sprinkles, baking cocoa and finely chopped nuts.

I placed then into shallow bowls for easy access and coating.

Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in the coconut, sprinkles, cocoa or nuts if desired.

Yield: about 4 dozens. Chill for a couple of hours then place into some air-tight dish to keep fresh until serve.

1 comment:

  1. Вкусно...Сами ингредиенты можно скушать без какой-либо обработки...

    ReplyDelete