Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tomatoes with mozzarella

Yesterday I bought really nice tomatoes and decided to make healthy appetizer for Sunday dinner. It is really simple recipe and doesn't take much time. You will need: tomatoes, of course, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and herbs of your choice.

Wash tomatoes and carefully cut the top part.

Slice tomatoes into 1/4" (5 mm) pieces and place them into serving dish of your choice.

Slice mozzarella cheese trying to cut similar pieces and place them on the top of tomatoes.


Now whisk 1/4 cup of olive oil with a few drizzles of balsamic vinegar and dash of salt and black pepper.

I like to add fresh herbs to all my vegetable meals, so I used dill and basil leave growing on my window.

Carefully spread oil mix on the top of tomatoes making sure that each piece is covered. Ready to serve on your table. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. It is really very simple! А моцарелла у тебя в рассоле?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have different kinds of mozzarella in the store. I like not too moisture one, so I buy one big curd in plastic package like one on the first picture next to the bottle of vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I definitely want to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have different kinds of mozzarella too.And I sow your mozzarella right now. It seems we have the same too or almoust the same...

    ReplyDelete