Sunday, July 4, 2010

Patriotic Cake for 4th of July



I made a 4th of July cake and I want to share with you my recipe.
For the base of the cake I just used a regular "mix in the box". Betty Crocker brand works pretty good. I took the Super Moist white cake and mixed it with water, eggs and oil according to the instruction.

While cake was baked in the oven, I washed my berries and then dried them with kitchen towel.

I used Heavy Whipped Cream and Powdered Sugar for preparing the topping.

It takes about 10 full minutes to whip the cream until it is almost stiff. For 2 cups of heavy cream I added about 2/3 of sugar. Add vanilla; beat until cream holds peaks.

I baked the cake for 30 minutes. Cooled 5 minutes and carefully removed it from pan to the cooling rack. Let the cake cool completely.

With long knife I cut the cake horizontally in two pieces.

Spread the whipped cream over the first part...

Here is my secret ingredient - I cut grapes in halves and placed them over the whipped cream like fruit topping int he middle of the cake.

Carefully placed the second part of the cake on the top of grapes. Spread more whipped cream.

Now decoration part. Blueberries were placed in the corner like blue field for the stars on American flag.

Then stripes made with strawberries. I cut them in fourth to try to make them look like the real red stripes.

Place the rest of whipped cream into decorating bag and make more stripes between strawberries...

And stars...

Cake is ready!

I decorated mine with more fruit like grapes, strawberries and mint leaves. It very delicious and moister.

4 comments:

  1. Замечательно, Инна! Вот ведь надо только придумать такое - флаг испечь и идея, и сам рецепт хороши! Спасибо! Молодец!

    ReplyDelete
  2. А в моей новой книге рецептов было написано, что для полосок можно было использовать малину (положить ее на бок), но с клубникой экономичней получается. Малины в два раза больше надо:) В следующем году обязательно такой торт сделаю!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Малина со взбитыми сливками - тоже звучит заманчиво! Но ее больше надо будет и она в два раза дороже. А на клубнику как-раз сейчас сезон - очень дешевая, очень большая, и очень вкусная!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ленчик, сюда бы нашу клубничку...

    ReplyDelete